Today’s post features links for Illinois Online Historic Newspapers to help your genealogy research. I’ve included both free and pay resources. Non-English and minority-focussed papers (like the Chicago Defender) are included. If you have additions to this list, please let me know here. And use the comments to let me know what state you’d like me to feature next.
- Barrington Review (1914–1930) Free
- Bloomingdale (DuPage County) Public Library obituary index includes PDFs of many obits Free
- Chicago Defender; Chicago, Illinois; (1905–1975) Pay
- Chicago Foreign Language Press Survey (1855–1938) Free transcriptions
- Chicago Sentinel (1911–1949) Free
- Chicago Sun-Times; Chicago, Illinois; (1986– ) in text Pay
- Chicago […]