The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) will launch a redesigned Archives.gov Web site on next Monday, December 13, 2010.
You can take a look at an interactive preview of the redesigned Archives.gov at: archives.gov/open/redesign/
This interactive preview explains what has and has not changed and gives you the opportunity to walk through the redesign. NARA is soliciting input at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new Archives.gov web site will feature:
- A new home page determined by public voting last July;
- A new interactive “Our Locations” map of NARA facilities nationwide;
- Historical documents and streamlined access to military service records (81 percent of Archives.gov visitors are looking for this information);
- Single topically organized sections focused on the needs of both casual browsers and professional researchers; and
- Easy links to National Archives’ social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, and both the Archivist’s AOTUS blog and other National Archives blogs.
Want to learn more about the redesign? Visit http://www.archives.gov/open/redesign/.