Beginning Genealogy: Starting Your Family Tree
Beginning Genealogy is a step-by-step guide for genealogists, illustrating the best practices of family history research, from established genealogy standards and my career as a genealogy librarian/archivist.
Whether you’re brand new to genealogy research or you’d like to clean up the work you’ve done so far, this Sassy Jane Guide covers the essentials and more:
· Gather your family history for the next generations of your family
· Get started searching leading genealogy websites
· Satisfy your curiosity about family stories and legends
· Choose and use the right family tree software for you
· Find essential genealogy websites and repositories
· Discover where to find different kinds of genealogy records
· Search for your ancestors effectively
· Organize your research
Your desire to find out more about your ancestors is the beginning of an adventure.
In addition to the personal insights you’ll gain, as a genealogist you’ll learn about history, languages, geography, ethnicity and culture, and everyday life in the past. As the family historian, you’ll also sharpen skills related to critical thinking and problem-solving. I can’t think of another interest that spans so many areas.
Beginning Genealogy: Starting Your Family Tree is a 46-page full-color PDF download with six sections: