Genealogy Research Services
Do you lack the time necessary to build a family tree? Or have you encountered a stumbling block in your own research? A professional genealogist like Nancy Loe can help.
As a librarian, archivist, and genealogist for the past 40 years, Nancy Loe has assisted hundreds of people with their family research in the United States, Europe, and Scandinavia. Her own tree has more than 15,000 ancestors found in the United States, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, England, Austria, Prussia, South Africa, and New Zealand.
For research specialties, rates, and other FAQs, see below.
- Complete multi-generational research and tree compilations
- Organizing research materials for easy retrieval
- Short record searches
- Getting started with your family tree
- New avenues and resources for brick-wall ancestors
- Family tree review and clean-up of sources, citations, and places
- Choosing family tree software
- Create family history keepsake books, charts and posters from research and family photos
- Preservation of family papers and photographs
- Search strategies
- New clients: 30 minutes free assessment; $65/hr. with 2-hour minimum; payment in advance. Contact Nancy to see if she can help you.
- Existing clients: $60/hr.; monthly billing
- Chicago and Cook County records
- Research in Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, and Minnesota, Arizona, and Missouri
- Scotland and Scottish parish and census records
- Prussia and Prussian parish records
- Germany and German parish records
- U.S. Federal census searches from 1790 to 1940
- B.A. in American History, Aurora University, Aurora, Illinois
- M.A. in American History, The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C.
- M.S. in Library Science, specialization in archives management, The Catholic University of America, Washington D.C.
- Head of the Local History and Genealogy Department of the Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Librarian Emerita and former Head of Special Collections and University Archives, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California
- Mellon Foundation Research Fellowship for the Study of Modern Archives, Bentley Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
- Society of American Archivists
- Society of California Archivists
- Pikes Peak Genealogical Society (founding president, life member)
- Aberdeen & North-East Scotland Family History Society
- Sacramento German Genealogical Society
- Orange County Genealogical Society
- Illinois State Genealogical Society
- Santa Barbara County Genealogical Society