Organizing Genealogy Research Step-by-Step
Organize Like an Archivist: Taming Genealogy Records and Research
In this Sassy Jane Genealogy eBook, you’ll learn to how to organize your genealogy research the same way archivists organize collections.
Archivists manage vast amounts of paper records and digital files. And they catalog them so they can be retrieved and used by researchers.
So this makes archival concepts useful to consider when organizing genealogy research.
In Organize Like an Archivist, you’ll find a step-by-step guide to managing your all of your genealogy research and records. From webinar handouts to vital records, your genealogy research can be cataloged. Learn how to name and organize digital files for quick retrieval, link paper and digital records, and tame your genealogy research.
Inside This Sassy Jane Genealogy eBook
1. Top Organizing Concepts from Archivists
- Controlled Vocabulary
- Authority Files
- Digital File Naming
- Data Entry
2. Creating the Six-Folder Digital Filing System
- Administrative Files
- Family Tree Software Files
- Family Photographs
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Sources
3. Managing Paper and Digital Records
- Original Paper Records vs. Photocopies
- Linking Paper and Digital Records
- Creating Successful Sources and Citations