Ten Skills Every Genealogist Needs
Ten Skills Every Genealogist Needs helps you discover new resources, extract more information from records, and stay organized to help your family tree flourish.
- Encountered handwriting you couldn’t read in a record?
- Been unsure where to find a particular type of record?
- Scanned a photograph more than once but can’t find the digital image when you need it?
- Tried to cite a record but your software says the URL is too long?
- Been uncertain about a record that seems like a primary and a secondary source?
- Found a census record says Austria and the next census lists Bohemia for a birthplace?
Don’t worry – we’ve all been there! And this Sassy Jane Genealogy Guide can help.
Get help translating records and reading old handwriting. Learn about searching the “Deep Web” for genealogy sites and records. Scan photos and records once and insert captions, names and places inside digital images. Enter data and name digital files consistently to organize your work.