Free Swedish Genealogy Research Alert
On Saturday November 12 and Sunday November 13, 2014, ArkivDigital is providing free access to everyone who wants to try out ArkivDigital All-in-One.
New users and users with Base subscription get access to everything in their All-in-One database on both days. Church records, estate inventories, court records, tax/census records, military and other historical records are included, together with access to all registers.
ArchivDigital image database contains approximately 58 million color images of almost 190,000 volumes of historical documents. The company’s servers deliver an average of two million images each day.
The archival materials most in demand by researchers are the church books. ArkivDigital digitized Swedish church records that are relevant for most genealogists until around 1900 and the digitization progress of more recent material (until the 1940s).
Other available source material is probate , tax records (mainly census records), court documents (primarily court records and land registration protocol), military actions (mainly rolls and resumes), prison archives (mainly prison rolls) and sjömanshusarkiv .
Download and install the new software ArkivDigital 2.0 -beta software by clicking here.
Using ArkivDigital Sweden is easy via an online subscription service called ArkivDigital Online, which provides online access to the entire image database for a specific period of time. Download the Coverage Table here. You can also search their database by county and parish name, district name, record type, etc. Search results are improved when using Swedish spelling and diacritical marks when searching, e.g. Örebro rathr than Orebro.
ArkivDigital also offers the following tutorials to help you find and use records about your Swedish ancestors:
- Introduction to Swedish Church Books
- ArkivDigital online and Släktdata
- Introduction to the Swedish Estate Inventories
- Introduction to the Fattigbevis
- Population Register 1941 (Mantalslängd)
- Name Register (Släktnamnsregister)
- Non-existing persons book (obefintlighetsbok)
- Introduction to Swedish Passenger Ship Manifests
- Swedish Church Book Birth Record Examples
- Marriage Record Examples
- Household examination record example
- Death Record Examples
- Moving In (Inflyttning) and Moving out (Utflyttning) Records
- Stockholm Folk Register Cards (1926-1939)
- Malmö Research Tips
For other tips and tricks about using this great resource, visit: