Did you know you can request free FamilySearch scans for specific records? The good people at FamilySearch.org have been offering to scan and email specific records from microfilm and books in their collections for free for some time. But FamilySearch recently unveiled a new online form for requests, so even if you have used the service before, this post can help you.
Here are the steps to request free FamilySearch scans:
- Register for a free FamilySearch account here, if you do not already have one.
- Check to make sure record is available in the FamilySearch.org collections and that it is not already available online.
- Submit a maximum of five requests (one image per request) each month, using the new photoduplication request form.
- Provide the following REQUIRED information in the online form, so that the Photoduplication Team can fulfill your request:
- Film or Fiche number, item number
- Name of individual you are researching
- Title of record and name of parents, spouse, grantor, grantee, […]